Game Shutting Down Jan 16 2019

Home Forums General General Chat Game Shutting Down Jan 16 2019

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Awang 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Huey
    Keymaster

Saw the sad news today the game is shutting down for good on January 16, 2019 🙁  So sad was a good game and we had a good community / guild going in the game!

waaaaaaa.

Must be legal stuff if it’s complicated.  Thanks for asking them directly.

Maybe the actual game owner will re-release this game again later.  There’s none like it for mobile right now.

Mahes
    Participant

I like the game but dont know about doing all that to play the Chinese version.  I spent a long time looking for anything similar to this game and there is nothing. This game lets you interact and actually see your guild mates, all the other ones are more solo but your part of a “guild”. The trading aspect this game has doesnt seem to even really exist. its more find stuff and sell it. No real commerce.

If anyone finds anything please post. If all you start to head over to the actual Chinese server let the rest of us know how it worked out for you.

Huey
    Keymaster

For windows PC owner there is this game:

Uncharted Waters Online:
    https://uwo.papayaplay.com

All the iOs games I found focused mainly on pirating and ship battles.  No trading no guilds no explorations.  I think if you guys were to play those games it’ll make you miss this game even more until you get frustrated and chuck your phone out the window.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  Huey.

Huey
    Keymaster

I found one of their marketing manager’s email and emailed her directly the following:

=================================
    Hello Ms. X,

I am writing to you because I can not get a clear response from the support department.

There are thousands of players in U.S. and Europe who are very angry at your company because you are shutting down the game Ocean Legend without much warning or explanation.  They will refuse to play any more games from your company unless they get a resolution or explanation.

Many players, including me, love your game Ocean Legend and was really shocked to hear the news the game will shut down on Jan 16, 2019.  This is a surprise because there are many active players who love this game.  And many people spend a lot of real money in the game!  So of course they are angry.

It would be great if you would continue this game.  But if not, we want at least an explanation.  Otherwise all the players will refuse to play any games from your company anymore, I’m sorry to say.

Thank you for your time.  We hope to hear from you soon.
    =================================

She probably handed it to one of her underlings and I got a response back from a different email address:

=========================================

Letter of Apology

Dear players,
    We have received feedback from all the players, we feel very sorry, and we would like to express our apologies to you again.

For the service suspension problem that you are concerned about, we have tried our best to make relevant plans to protect our players. We are also very sorry for that.

There are many reasons for the suspension of operation, but it was never our intention. We will try our best to protect the rights and interests of Ocean Legend players, and we will compensate and reward as many players as possible in the game released by us.

We are also negotiating with our partners about the plan for the follow-up operation and release of the game. If there is any news, we will inform the players in the first time.
    We would like to express our apologies again and thank you very much for your understanding.

=============================================

Huey
    Keymaster

>>  We are also negotiating with our partners about the plan for the follow-up operation and release of the game.  If there is any news, we will inform the players in the first time.

… so there is a possibility the game may be re-released.

ah giving us that slight glimmer of hope arrrghhhh

Awang
    Participant

Thnks huey… That little bit giving a 1 % hope

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar