Switching to China Appstore and Installing Chinese Game

Home Forums General General Chat Switching to China Appstore and Installing Chinese Game

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Huey 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Huey
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if this will work, but if you’re interested in trying the Chinese version of Ocean Legend (original game is call Da Hang Hai Zhi Lu 大航海之路 (translates to The Way / Path / Road of the Great Age of Sails).  You can try to do so by trying switch to the Chinese region of the appstore.

(Sorry Android users I only know how to do this on the iPhone.  If anyone knows how to switch to the china Android App Store please post).

======================

For iOS users: (iPhones and iPads, or emulators)

1.  Go to Settings -> Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store -> iTunes & App Store,

2. click on your Apple ID, View Apple ID

3. Click on Country / Region -> Change Country or Region

4. Look for China (Mainland) and select it.

5. Agree to the Terms and Conditions

6. In the Payment Method section select None

7. Enter your Billing Name and Billing Address.  For the billing street, you can enter whatever values you want.  for the postcode region and province, use valid chinese info such as:

Postcode: 710000
    Region: Xian
    Province: Shaanxi

For the Phone, use any number but has to have the right number of digits, such as 1828888888

8.  click Next (top right of screen)

If you did it right, you’ll get a message that says your Apple ID has been updated.  Now you may have to restart your phone, then go to the Appstore and you’ll see Chinese apps instead of your country’s apps.

============

Look for the game by typing “Da Hang Hai Zhi Lu” in the search field.  You should see the following game come up.  Install it and enjoy 🙂

Don’t forget to switch your store region back to your own country 🙂

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Huey.

Thanks for posting huey I will try later!

What server are you on and what’s your in game name?

Huey
    Keymaster

Firebird posted an update6 hours, 30 minutes ago:

I found that when you switch App Store you don’t need to pick wechat. Just pick None as your payment but fill the address then region and province use Huey’s. Then the next button is working.

Huey
    Keymaster

Saved this post from earlier in case you do want to link a payment method to pay for stuff.  Bear in mind you’ll also need a Chinese phone number you can receive texts to when purchasing diamonds etc. from the ingame store

For iOS users: (iPhones and iPads, or emulators)

1.  If you want to be able to pay for stuff in the game, you’ll need a payment method to enter into the billing section of the app store.  Easiest way I can think of is to use a WeChat Pay account.   Go to the app store (u.s. or european version is fine, Wechat is international and in all the ap pstores in the world), and install an app call WeChat.   (WeChat started as a messaging app like Whatsapp, Facebook Messager, Line, etc. but grew into the all-in-one app of China and other Asian countries, including a way to pay for EVERYTHING, including street food vendors, taxis, and even giving money to beggars! )

2. After installing and creating an account on WeChat.  You’ll need to enable the WeChat wallet.  Here’s an article on how to do that without a Chinese bank account: (https://crossborder.digital/how-to-set-up-your-wechat-wallet-without-a-chinese-bank-account/).

But essentially, you’ll need to 1) have someone with a Wechat account with money in it already to send you some.  Message me and I’ll help you out if I can. or 2) Use a 3rd party service and Paypal to transfer money into your Wechat account.  The one the article mentioned is Micredits.com.

3. After enabling your Wechat wallet, you now have a payment method to enter in the billing portion of the App Store when switching region.   (You can switch the region back to your country once you’ve find and install the game).

a) Go to Settings -> Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store -> iTunes & App Store,

b) click on your Apple ID, View Apple ID

c) Click on Country / Region -> Change Country or Region

d) Look for China (Mainland) and select it.

e) Agree to the Terms and Conditions

f) In the Payment Method section select WeChat Pay , then click “Go to WeChat to verify”

g) Click on the “Next” button, green button that says 下一。。

h) Back on the Payment Method screen, enter your Billing Name and Billing Address.  For the billing street, you can enter whatever values you want.  for the postcode region and province, use valid chinese info such as:

Postcode: 710000
    Region: Xian
    Province: Shaanxi
    For the Phone, use any number but has to have the right number of digits, such as 1828888888

i) click Next (top right of screen)

If you did it right, you’ll get a message that says your Apple ID has been updated.  Now you may have to restart your phone, then go to the Appstore and you’ll see Chinese apps instead of your country’s apps.

============

Look for the game by typing “Da Hang Hai Zhi Lu” in the search field.  You should see the following game come up.  Install it and enjoy 🙂

Don’t forget to switch your store region back to your own country 🙂

Huey
    Keymaster

Btw I’m on this Chinese server if you managed to install the app.  Let’s try to get all the english speaking players together on one server lol.

Chinese server name is:  佛得角 (Fo De Jiao) meaning Cape Verde.  My country is France.

* Don’t forget to name your char on creation or it’ll randomly give you a chinese name, and you wont’ be able to change it without paying 600 diamonds.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Huey.

Do you actually need a valid chinese phone numbers to buy gems?  We didn’t need or get any sims messages when buying gems on the US server.

Huey
    Keymaster

Yea, it the Chinese version it asks you to enter your phone number when you try to buy diamonds for the first time.  In china all payment related stuff requires a phone number, it’s used as an id of sort to identify the person.

Rotymir
    Participant

I have just joined rotymir

Huey
    Keymaster

Yay!

We’re now friends.

If you join that server posted above (Cape Verde) add us as friends:

Huey

Firebird

Rotymir

Awang
    Participant

I want join too but right now i didnt find a way to join because im using an android…hard to find a way…

Rotymir
    Participant

download apk from http://dhh.netease.com,  Install apk

u can also search google for China App Store for android

I don’t have a None option during the payment step 😩

and can’t activate my WeChat login reset because I don’t have a Chinese id or bank card.

whats Alipay and how do I set up an account?

Rotymir
    Participant

Viry I got null payment when I used my 2nd email to create a 2nd iCloud account that’s the one I made China

ok so the “None” Payment option do appear if you register a totally new apple id in icloud, which I did, and now it’s working 😀  thanks @rotymir and @huey!

p.s. for those that really need to translate that one menu, button, screen…take a screenshot and try to use this app to translate.  You can enable the Chinese handwriting keyboard and attempt to draw the characters, and look for a match in the autocomplete:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ktdict-c-e/id291179703?mt=8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar